Friday, September 21

The Impossible Helmet and other stuff.

Okay, it's been a long time since my last post and I am in London since three weeks and I feel unbelievable...no....fucking uncomfy and guilty that I didn't manage to do a proper post yet. And, surprise, this won't be a proper post as well, as I am not in London but in Hamburg right now. When I am back I will definitely post more things about being at Wieden+Kennedy and post some proper pictures of the area and the lovely people I am glad to work with. For now only one picture I took while doing an exciting little thing for emeco.
For, well, safety reasons we wore helmets. Because I have quite a big head I only found one helmet that fitted quite well. It was in a shelf down at the front door. And what can I say, thanks to a quick talk during a cigarette break I found out it was the helmet from Honda's "Impossible Dream". Nice. Hopefully nobody notices some minor scratches that our filming thing left on this piece of advertising goodness. Here is the film: And here is the bloke who writes this blog wearing it and trying to not look like dumb while smoking his cigarette.
The Impossible Helmet.
Okay. That's it with twitter from Wieden's right now. Time for a nice little note. If you are in London this weekend take your last chance to see this exhibition:
It's Illustrate 07 and it's brilliant. A myriad of different illustration techniques and styles worth a tube ride to Holloway Road. From Jon Burgerman to (my absolute favourite) Tim Ellis you eyes will rapidly rush from the right to the left to the top to the bottom and won't ever get enough. Go. And if you can't then feel invited to take a look at some of the pictures I took while visiting rooms with my not too small too be big Nina. You can find them on my flickr here. If you like to know more about Designersblock just click the exhibition poster above.
Designersblock Illustrate 07
Designersblock Illustrate 07
Designersblock Illustrate 07
Designersblock Illustrate 07

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe it! That's so cool!
Did you get to keep the helmet?

2:07 am, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Seb said...

Ah, der Herr Meimberg (oops, am I allowed to say this?). No, the helmet is savely back in his shelf surrounded by other quirky and interesting stuff, waiting for weird ad tourists or people who use it for another film. Recycling, you know.

2:12 pm, September 23, 2007  
Blogger lauren said...

oehmchen!! i'm so behind on your blog now!! firstly, congrats on the cannes lion thing - i love your shirt in that pic!! and your hair is wild, wild, wild! not so in the WK Side pic? got it cut for the first day at school huh... tee hee..
i love that helmet pic.. ha!
and i'm so glad you went to Illustrate 07 - can you make sure that Nina is in Illustrate 08 (and not just because it rhymes no nice)? besides, holloway road isn't that far from where i used to live but i guess compared with W/EC1
now, just because i fell in love with hamburg, we have to make sure at some stage that we get to hang out there together again sometime - even if it gives you heartburn.

4:13 pm, September 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can say it! ich hab nix zu verbergen. obwohl ...
;-)

4:46 pm, October 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home