Thursday, July 5

What does inspire you?

Yesterday at the WKside interview Darren, a copywriter from Wieden+Kennedy, asked me this question. I answered it. Because that's what, I guess, you mostly do with questions. While on Gatwick Express I still was thinking about it. Probably because I thought: Gosh darn it, Seb. You're answer was fucking rubbish. And you forgot about one thing that always has inspired you. Maybe because it's so ordinary that you just did not think of it. So, here is the part I forgot:

What really inspires me is as simple as walking through a door. Because it's actually that. I just go outside and walk around. Because what inspires me most are the streets. The people that pass by, the sign standing or hanging around, things thrown away, damaged things standing in the way, old shabby houses, grafitti, trash cans...
Steinstraße Where do you want to go today? Grafitti at Diebsteich. The don't have cigarettes in hell.
Because everything out there can be an inspiration. Sometimes I just sit in the train and listen to what the people around me are talking about. Or I secretly take pictures of all those people stuffed into one train. Because the ordinary things sometimes can be the most inspiring. Things that you maybe pass every day without really noticing them. If you look at them open they can be truely inspiring. Like that wall of yellow tiles. It's just a wall and then sometimes, it's an inspiration. Beautify: Analog Pixel Walls.Beautify: Analog Pixel Walls.
My question to you all: So what does inspire you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sleep, music, art & strange characters

6:39 pm, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Seb said...

sleep, that's so true. I have quite nice ideas when being close to falling asleep.

10:09 pm, July 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Sleep. Very exciting topic! Have any of you guys heard about LUCID DREAMING? Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

So. What inspires me? Life. Sometimes you just have to keep your eyes open to discover the most inspiring things:

http://madvertisingblog.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/lunchbreak-surprise/

And now: Let´s get lucid!!

7:24 pm, August 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home