Saturday, April 14

Give me a minute and my glasses.

Just saw a new commercial for a promotion by Opel (Vauxhall in the UK). Simply couldn't believe what I saw. The story was forced as forced can be: Cars playing "Catch me if you can" and having some kind of mind voices...hello? This was followed by the usual suspect: a chart saying "blahblah...limited edition...blahblah...many extras...blahblah...save money...blahblah...you can lease it....blah." Nothing special. But then, for approximately one second this chart appeared. What? What, what, what? Who is supposed to read this copy? Superman? A megabrained live-form from another galaxy? Is this the target group Opel (Vauxhall) is heading for? Honestly, what do you think your actual customers will think? Well I thought that someone (you) doesnt't want me to know the dark side of this offer and therefore is hiding it inside of some very fine-printed copy. Will I consider getting more information about your offer or maybe buy a new car? Well, lovely marketing experts at Opel (Vauxhall), here is my answer and I have put it in a way that might suit you: And, by the way, may I add a suggestion for improvement? The logo at the end of the film...it can still be bigger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) always read the small print

4:18 am, April 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God that's terrible. Lovely response by the way Seb. You'd think in this day and age crap like that would be filtered out somewhere along the line. Just shows that creative advertisers are still a minority.

Sad but true.

11:17 am, April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home