Wednesday, March 7

The Jon Spencer Blues Rediscovery.

While writing down headlines, copy and two posts I rediscovered a great band that was (and now again is) one of my favourites: The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Some time ago they left out the "Jon Spencer" to be only the "Blues Explosion" what made me miss their last gig in Hamburg. I think on the website of Matador Records you can download some of their old tracks. Believe me, their music is worth a short trip to their website. Chef's suggestion: "Kawasaki Z117 50 Rock'n'Roll" and "Talk about the Blues". The video of TATB featured Winona Ryder as Jon Spencer and you can see it here:

And here are Russell, Judah and Jon as they will welcome you on their website:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooo Rock N' Roll !!! Crypt Style is one of my favourite discs ! And especially one of the only rock discs which I can listen at work without having the perpetual " can you make your sound lower ? " by the killjoys AD....

6:48 pm, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Seb said...

Crypt Style and I never really were sure if we like each other. Think it just didn't want to have some sort of ménage à quatre with Acme Plus, Orange and me. You should listen to Damage by the way. Especially Hot Gossip is great.

7:06 pm, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home