Wednesday, February 28

Olive beats Culture Jamming.

While thinking out and writing some stuff for a post about culture jamming I came across something that made me stop writing for today. On Dan's blog I stumbled across his "i digg this"-list that linked me here. And to make a long way short this link (glory, glory internet, everything seems to be linked) lead me to the blog of Olive Riley. "Okay, so what?!" you may think. The point is that she is 107 years old. And I bet she has got a lot of interesting things to tell. About today, the last century and the century before the last century. That's slightly more exciting than culture jamming to me right now. Perhaps I'll post that tomorrow. As long as Olive won't draw off my attention. By the way she loves shandy. Brilliant. I love shandy as well (though in Hamburg we call it Alsterwasser). Anyway let's raise a glass of shandy for Olive and listen to her introduction and what might follow:

"Good Morning everyone. My name is Olive Riley. I live in Australia near Sydney. I was born in Broken Hill on Oct. 20th 1899.Broken Hill is a mining town, far away in the centre of Australia. My Friend, Mike, has arranged this blog for me. He is doing the typing and I am telling the stories."

5 Comments:

Blogger lauren said...

is the post about culture jamming going to be on this blog? waiting in anticipation...

1:22 pm, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Seb said...

Hello Lauren, thanks for popping around. Culture Jamming...I am workin on the post, the problem is that unfortunately other interesting things appear out of nowhere and I can't decide what to write about first. But I'll promise to have it online today. Hopefully with another two posts. And hopefully they deserve your anticipation.

1:31 pm, March 07, 2007  
Blogger lauren said...

sorry, didn't mean to pressure you out of nowhere - am starting research on culture jamming and other 'renegade' forms of art and visual communication so am sucking up all the info and opinions i can...

1:36 pm, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Stanley Johnson said...

A shandy drinker?

In Germany!

I'd keep quiet about that if you know what's good for you.

;-)

2:24 pm, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Seb said...

Lauren:
Don't worry, no pressure, will post today in the evening hours. Hopefully it will help.

Stan:
What's with that shandy thing? For ladies only?
Okay then hereby I proclaim that Seb only drinks Vodka, pure, on the rocks, pintsize glasses.

2:34 pm, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home